We strongly believe in protecting your privacy. This policy explains how we intent to safeguard and preserve your data.
We are Mebos Ltd, a company registered with Companies House in England and Wales under number 11739526. 'The company office is registered at Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX, (““we”/“us”/”our”). We provide the Website mebos.com (the “Website”) which makes available software for transcribing, editing and exporting the content of audio and video files (the “Services”) for you (“you”/”user”).
We may automatically collect, receive or log information when you visit or interact with our Website and Services as follows:
- Personal information you provide to us such as name, address, phone number, email address, employment and any other information provided voluntarily.
- Statistics showing the length and type of your uploads and other information about your files.
- Information about traffic data such as your IP address, browser information, location data and other communication date.
- Information regarding usage data in connection with cookies and other technologies
- Any other information that you provide to us voluntarily.
The information collected is used for the purposes of providing our Services, contacting clients and managing the Services we provide. We may also use the information for the following purpose:
- Process your orders and Services;
- Dealing with and responding to your queries.
- Provide you with information about other Services and products that may be of interest to you, unless you have decided not to receive this communication in a personal declaration
- Provide you with information about any changes to our Services, products and Website.
- Managing, improving and developing our Services, products and Website.
- Measure and analyse performance of marketing strategies.
- Evaluating and responding to complaints made by clients and third parties.
The information collected from you and the data provided as part of the transcription will be transferred for processing and storing outside the United Kingdom. By using our Website and Services you are consenting to the transfer the data for processing and storing.
The information will be sorted while you remain a user of our Services and thereon for at least six months from your last log in and interaction with the service. The information will be erased if you delete the data or if you request us to delete the data.
We understand that the information you have provided us and the files you have uploaded may contain sensitive information and we take confidentiality of your files seriously. Unless you provide us with express permission, we will not use or share your information and files for any other purpose except to provide you with our Services. Notwithstanding this foregoing, to provide you with better Services, we may use your audio files to train and improve our algorithms.
We will only share with third parties the information collected in the manner that is described in this Policy. A third party is used to as part of our service and as a result your files, which may contain sensitive date, will be sent to them. We may have to disclose the information to any third party to whom we may sell all or part of our business. We may also disclose your information if required by law, regulation or legal request.
We maintain a secure Website whereby files can be uploaded or export transcriptions. We ensure that safeguarding procedures are in place to prevent unauthorised access. The password for your account must be kept confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone. It is your responsibility to keep you password concealed to prevent unauthorised access.
Please be aware when sending electronic information via the internet; it may not be completely secure and information can be intercepted by third parties. We cannot guarantee the security of data that is sent electronically and sending information via the internet is strictly at your own risk.
Cookies and other technologies
We use third party analytics products to obtain information about how users are using and interacting with Website and Services. It may record your IP address, mouse clicks, mouse movements, scroll movements and other activity. It does not collect personal information that you do not voluntarily enter in this Website. The information collected by the service will enable us to provide you with a good experience, help us improve our Website and monitor the performance.
Most Internet browsers provide you with the option of removing or blocking cookies and other technologies or receiving a warning before a cookie is stored to your hard drive. However, if you decide to deactivate cookies that are set on your computer, you may not be able to use certain Services or settings on the Website. We are not responsible for any failure by you or your browser to accurately implement or communicate your browser preferences or settings.
Third parties may use the cookies and other technologies on your computer. We will not take any responsibility for the third parties and their actions.
Requesting and deleting information
We respect your right to request this information and data we hold for you. You can at any time request by contacting us by email at email@example.com, the following:
- The information we store for you
- The purpose and use of the information we have collected and stored
- Delete the information we store for you
We are not obliged to provide you with privacy information if:
- You already have the information
- providing the information to you would be impossible
- providing the information to you would involve a disproportionate effort
- providing the information to you would render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of the processing.
We may contact you via e-mail, text message or other equivalent electronic communications if you use our Website and Services. Communications include email newsletters, software updates, etc. By using our Services you specifically consent to the receipt of these communications. If you do not want to receive emails, text messages or other communications from us, please notify us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include sufficient information for us to identify your account, including your name and email address and the specifics of your request. If you unsubscribe to this communication, we may still contact you via email or text message for administrative purposes or concerning any products or Services for which you have registered or are in use of.
Third Party Links
From time to time we may provide links to third party Services and Websites. We are not responsible for those third parties and their Services or Website. You must contact them directly and review their policies and statement before providing them with any information.
Changes to this Policy
Access to Information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to ask for any personal information that we hold about you. We will charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs in providing you with the information requested.